Tuesday, October 7, 2008

October Break

Can you believe my students already finished their first quarter of school? People can't believe that I am 1/4 of the way through the year already- most schools are just starting! I've been on October break for the past week and a half and still have the rest of this week off- thank heavens! I've accomplished absolutely nothing while on break. The first week I was in bed about 90% of the time. I got out of bed exactly three times: 1. doctors appointment; 2. friend's wedding; 3. pick up friends from airport. Pretty exciting, eh?
I've been involved in a book club here in Maricopa for the past 18 months or so, and I'm so lucky that they have exposed me to so many different types of books. I could have done without the mushy love stories (I think I was the only one who did not appreciate these), but I have really enjoyed some of the memoirs we've been reading. I just finished "One Mississippi" and we will be discussing the book next week- it was not at all what I was expecting, but I really enjoyed it. I try to read a couple of different books throughout the month in addition to our book club selection. Sometimes I'm really good about finishing our books, and other times, I am not... thankfully the girls that I read with are very forgiving and still allow me to hang out if I haven't finished the book! :) There have been several times when someone ELSE doesn't even START the book! phew! I am so lucky to have found this group of ladies -
That's all for now....

No comments: