Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Adventures of a Three Week Old

Family Picture @ 3 Weeks

Peyton is three weeks old today- I can't believe I've already been off from work for three entire weeks. It really feels like just yesterday I was pregnant...
Peyton has grown so much already- she is gaining weight and getting bigger each day. She is still wearing her newborn clothes- her 0-3 clothes are still way too big for her. I never thought I'd have a baby that wore newborn clothes for this long! We like to tell people that Peyton is petite. :)

I took Peyton to school today as I had some paperwork I had to do before the end of the year, plus I wanted to see my AVID class. Everyone loved her of course. Many people held her (after washing their hands, of course) and she slept for the most part. Tamara has the magic touch and can make Peyton stop crying in an instant. I am going to have to hire her for the summer- good thing she is only a mile away!!

We also went to visit the Banyar's while we were out and about. Joe had met Peyton last week, but Dalene hadn't yet- Peyton fell asleep on Dalene's shoulder within 5 minutes of being at their house- what a nice break for me to have a sleeping baby!! She looks completely different when someone else is holding her and she is quiet!!

As if we hadn't had enough fun for the day, we met an old high school friend for dinner! Nate and Josh were good friends in high school and college so it was great for them to catch up and tell their life stories. Peyton loved being held by Nate- he too had the magic touch. (I'm thinking that anyone who isn't me has the magic touch...)

Josh, Peyton, & Nate

We are thinking about going to visit my Grandma later this week... but it just depends on how crabby we are. We have been having a little colic issue the past few days, so it is hard to tell if we are going to have a good day or a cranky day.... and I really struggle with the cranky days- I feel so bad that I can't comfort her.

Nate and Josh are playing guitar hero right now and Peyton is fast asleep in her swing. I can't believe she is actually in her swing and sleeping... it's a miracle.


Enjoy our three week pictures!Peyton's baby acne is so sad!!!

Peyton isn't three weeks old in this picture,
but I thought it was a cute one of her and my mom.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

What great pictures!!! It looks like you guys are doing well!! :)

Lisa (A) Stearns said...

Lori, Don't worry about not having the magic touch. I felt like I didn't do one thing right when I had Alexandra. Scott could calm her down in an instant, but I couldn't do anything. The colic stage is kind of hard and Alexandra had it for a couple of months. The child only slept for 20 minutes at a time during the day and only about 3 times during the day. Everyone told me that babies sleep up to 20 hours. So not true, at least with both of mine. But, judging by your pictures she sleeps quite a bit lucky dog!! Don't forget to take pictures or video when she's screaming too. They are kind of fun to look back on.
Nice Josh. I guess she'll be a musician after all that!