Tuesday, July 28, 2009

11 Weeks Old

Ok, seriously... where has the time gone? Peyton is 11 weeks old now and is learning new tricks all the time.
She smiles so much now and even laughs just a bit. She has rolled over several times from her belly to her back... we've never seen her do this, but she alerts us when it has occurred... mostly to tell us that she is pissed off!! Peyton is holding her head up lots and even enjoys tummy time (a little) when she can see her toys. She has also started making some vowel sounds which is very fun. She also enjoys reading a book before bedtime. Oh, and her latest trick? Licking... it's kind of gross really... especially when she licks instead of nursing.
Peyton started daycare last week and has been doing great. She takes several naps while at daycare (but never when she is at home... of course), but she is still sleeping at night. We've had two nights with 7 hours of sleep!! It's pretty amazing.
I am continuing to breastfeed, so I pump several times at work and then bring the milk to school for the next day. Believe it or not, I think she is the only breastfed baby in her class (about 9 kids, I think?). I'm really happy that I am continuing to breastfeed and hope to do so for several more months. I was worried about my work schedule, but so far it's been really good.
Nothing else is new around the Heilner house... just work, eat, sleep.... oh the life!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Man she is cute! Way to go on continuing to breastfeed while working full time, that is no easy task. You are such a good Mommy!

Anonymous said...

YAY! I'm glad it's working out for you to pump at work and continue breastfeeding :-)

Laura