Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas with the Newmans

On Thursday we celebrated Christmas with our good friends- The Newmans.  Tamara, JJ, Mayah, and baby Newman came over for dinner (pizza) and pumpkin pie.  We had to celebrate a bit early this year because they were moving away the next day.  Tamara and I have taught together for the past 5 years, and through our friendship, Josh & JJ became friends.  Mayah is 2 1/2 and is on-the-go 24/7.  I don't know how Tamara keeps up with her, especially since she is growing another baby girl in her belly.  I was lucky enough to watch Mayah grow from a teeny tiny baby into the independent and opinionated big girl she is today! 

We are very sad that the Newmans had to move away, but JJ had a great job offer in Arkansas and Tamara was thrilled since it is closer to her family.  I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do at school without Tamara... who will walk into my room while I am pumping and sit and chat? (janitors, I suppose.... long story... )  Tamara and I have also carpooled to work (and various other places.. mostly shopping destinations) for the past several years, so I am very sad that Peyton and I will have to make the drive by ourselves.




 
Peyton's new doll house!


Mayah got a memory game!

  
Mayah got a chef's apron!  
And Peyton really wanted to play with the paper...

No comments: