Saturday, April 10, 2010

Sandwich

After attending Luke's 2nd birthday party, I was obsessed with getting Peyton to try new foods.  At the party she tried her first "sandwich"... cream cheese & jelly on bread cut into the shape of a dog bone... too cute!  I loved the idea of cutting the sandwich into a fun shape and it just so happened that I had a star cookie cutter that I thought would work perfectly.  Of course I didn't have any reason to use the cookie cutter... a knife would have been just as useful, but a star is way more fun to eat!
Peyton did a great job of feeding herself (and Duke).  Duke was very patient and tried really hard not to take the sandwich from Peyton when she was teasing him.  Peyton rewarded Duke's good behavior with a bit of her sandwich (ok, with most of her sandwich!).
Props to Christine for being a fabulous mom and inspiring me. :)

1 comment:

Christine said...

You are too kind! :) And your stars look fantastic! Who doesn't love cream cheese and jelly sandwiches??! I'm thinking she is ready for another picnic...