Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Backpack Drama

Peyton's best friends, Abby & Ella, have these adorable backpacks (which I assume are from Pottery Barn Kids).  Anytime Peyton sees the girls with their backpacks she runs around the classroom looking for her backpack.  The teachers and I try to explain to her that she doesn't have a backpack at school and that she can quit running around like a fool searching for it. 
No matter how many times we tell her this, she still runs around... and usually ends up in tears because she can't find HER backpack.
So, I finally found a time when the PBK backpacks were on sale... hooray!  I was really dreading paying full price for a preschool backpack... but I had just about enough days of tears... but a sale?! Yes.. a sale.. my FAVORITE.
I allowed Peyton to choose from 3 styles that were on sale (and that I approved of).  She chose the first one she saw~ birdies & flowers.
Cute, right?

So I order the backpack and have it personalized.  And then we wait.. and wait... and I check the tracking number... "waiting to be shipped" .... "waiting to be shipped" .... "backordered" (what?!) ... "backordered" and then on Jan. 9th I get an email saying they are out of stock and do not forsee getting any more.  SERIOUSLY?!  You've made my 2 1/2 year old wait 2+ weeks just to find out she can't have THAT backpack?!  

So I'm pissed at PBK and really want to stick it to them, but my child REALLY wants a packpack (her words) like AbbyElla... so I swallow my pride and order a different backpack... get it personlized... and voila!  I already got confirmation that it has been shipped!
 Still pretty stinkin' cute, right?

It would have been nice for PBK to offer me a discount as an apology or ANYTHING, but no, nothing.  Which is exactly why I didn't want to order from them- but not many places carry preschool sized backpacks that are still cute. 

Can't wait to add pictures of Peyton with her very own super cool Pottery Barn Kids backpack!

1 comment:

Josh said...

Time to boycott Pottery Barn Kids. Still happy she got her backpack and loves it!