Thursday, January 5, 2012

Peyton's Big Girl Bed

Santa brought Peyton a cute new sheet set for Christmas!  Yeah Santa!
We decided it was time to transition Peyton's crib into a big girl bed.
For some reason we were missing some of the parts, so instead of being a "toddler" bed, it ended up being more of a "day bed".  Peyton didn't care- she just wanted to jump.
We tucked her in that night and waited... and then it happened... she fell out of bed... so we put her back... and she fell out again, so we brought her to our bed (which is a common occurrence at our house... we are too tired at 3 or 4am to fight with her so she just ends up in our bed... yes, I know that is not the best idea... I don't really are at 3am!)


Anyway, I put up a railing on her bed to prevent her from falling out- it works, but she really likes to kick it and if she kicks enough, it falls off the bed. (it is just a travel railing, I don't think it is meant to be used full-time)
Now Peyton refuses to take naps.  I don't know if it was the transition to the big girl bed, or if she is trying to give them up, but either way I am not ready for it!  We are now on day two of letting her sleep on the floor... and that still isn't working real well.  
I'm not sure what to do with her next... put the crib back up so she can't get out?!  It would be one thing if she laid down and didn't sleep... but I can't handle her coming out of her room the entire time I am trying to get her to nap- especially since I've been sick and I need the nap way more than she does!!
She goes back to daycare next week... what do I say when I drop her off "Good Luck!" ??? :)

2 comments:

jes [a mountain bride] said...

did you have to purchase an additional conversion kit for your crib? We did - and I snatched one up at Wayfair.com...I actually didn't know that the whole conversion kit didn't COME with the crib when we bought it since one the packaging it says it converts to a toddler bed and a full sized bed. Doy.

Also - Peyton is TO CUTE FOR WORDS. Can she and Clara be friends when we move back to Phoenix!??

The Heilner Family said...

Jes! :)
Yes, we purchased the conversion kit, but somehow between our 38251 moves in the past 2 years some of the parts got misplaced. Frustrating! It would make sense to include the conversion kit with the crib... like the whole kit-and-caboodle... duh?!
The past few days Peyton has done an amazing job of staying in her own bed (with a railing).
And YES! Peyton and Clara are going to be friends... move back soon, ok?!