Sunday, April 15, 2012

"I give my baby glasses!"

During Spring Break I had my eyes checked.  I've worn glasses before and I've tried contacts, but I hadn't had my eyes checked since before I was pregnant with P.  I found a place that would accept my VSP eye care insurance and made an appointment for the first day of spring break. (I know, a lovely way to start break....)
Anyway, I knew I'd need a new prescription so I was ready to pay (even thought I didn't WANT to).  In the end I bought a new pair of glasses that I now wear all the time, and a set of prescription sunglasses.  I hate having to change from regular glasses to sunglasses, but I hated the transition lenses even more.  They just don't work for me.  And maybe worse than that, I hated switching from glasses to non-prescription sunglasses.  The transition just made my eyes ache.
Anyway, back to the purpose of the post.  I finally got my glasses and began wearing them full time.  Peyton loves to lick them (seriously), smudge her fingers on them (just to make sure I know she is there), and wear them. 
One day while I was making dinner (yep, sometimes I cook... and yes, Josh and Peyton are still living, so it can't be THAT bad) I heard Josh start to get upset with Peyton.  She had been playing with playdough so I figured she had put it in her mouth or something obnoxious like usual.  I turned to see what she had done and she showed me her baby... with a face full of playdough... blue playdough.... and a lot of it.  I started to raise my voice (gasp, I know!) and she proudly said "I give my baby glasses!".  My heart melted.... She was SO proud of herself!  So what did I do?  What any good mom would do... I took a picture!
I love her...

No comments: