Sunday, April 15, 2012

My favorite little girl...

Seriously... could this kid get any cuter? Call me biased... whatever... she is the cutest.  Her sweet personality makes her a joy to be around... usually. She's almost three... but is still deep in her terrible twos.  She isn't horrible by any stretch of the imagination, but there are times that I tell her "God is lucky he made you cute!".  She just smiles and laughs... I have so many hopes and dreams for her, but most of all I pray everyday that she is happy, content, and feels loved.  Children start out so eager to learn, to be loved, and to make everyone happy... I often wonder when (and how) my students lost the love of learning or the eagerness to make others happy... or even themselves.  I haven't found any concrete answers yet, but I know some of it lies in the hands of parents.  I see students everyday who are so well adjusted to whatever crazy life they have... and yet so many aren't adjusted at all.  What is the difference?  Parenting?  Maybe... Environmental factors?  Probably... so I wonder how I will protect Peyton from these variables in life.  
I look at Peyton everyday and am reminded of my place in the universe.  I love being a teacher to my students... even on days that I complain about their rudeness or their inability to be nice to each other.  I still can't imagine doing anything else with my life.. except being a mommy to this SWEET thing!  She completes me.



1 comment:

Gina said...

beautiful post. Your daughter is way CUTE and I am sad I do not get to see your love for her in person. But, good thing I can stalk you on facebook and your blog. Love you Lori!!