Sunday, March 1, 2009

28 Weeks & The Ultrasound!

It's still a girl!!!
We had an ultrasound this past Friday to check the fetal growth of our little baby. I did make the technician confirm that baby is still a girl. I had this fear that all of a sudden when she was born they would say "oh whoops, it's a boy!" and then he'd have to come home to everything pink and flowery and in a pink outfit! But there will be nothing like that occurring- baby is still a girl! phew! Baby is in the 34th percentile for growth- she is supposedly petite at the moment- just 2 pounds 10 ounces. I have asked her to stay petite until she is born... hopefully she understands. She is welcome to grow like a weed when she is outside of my body! Everything is looking good at this point- she is growing well and all of my blood work came back fine (I was worried I'd have to do the 3 hour glucose test). In addition, she has plenty of amniotic fluid and the placenta looks good as well.
Doesn't she look just so sweet and innocent?

My mom came down to visit on Friday (and take us to dinner... yum!) so instead of Josh taking pictures, we recruited mom to take pictures! Of course Josh is losing weight like there is no tomorrow and I am gaining it all!
28 Weeks, 3 Days
And may I mention that there are no dogs in either of these pictures? My dogs would be heart-broken if they knew that I decided not to post the pictures that they are in... that is just sad! Actually Dutchess was being a bit wild (shocking, I know) and so all of the pictures contained her butt, so I thought I would spare you all those photos. :)

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm glad your U/S went well and she's still a girl. You look great, Lori!! And I love Josh's shirt!! LOL

Lisa said...

You look so good Lori! I'm glad to hear that everything is going well. I hope your baby stays small too. My doctor felt the baby before he was born and was like, "oh my gosh, your baby is huge!" But Tommy ended up only being 7 pounds. Which wasn't too bad considering how tall and big I am. So don't let anyone scare you about how big your baby is getting.

Chrissy Edwards said...

You look great, Lori! Can't wait to "meet" baby girl! :) Where are you delivering at?

Anonymous said...

Yea! I can post comments now!!! I love my little niece!!!

Anonymous said...

ok, I know I totally clicked "name"...