Monday, March 31, 2014

Ma! Your Margarita is Ready!

Peyton has a fun little play house structure thingie (technical term) in our backyard.  Although she is getting a little big for it, she still uses it all the time.  On one side there is a little table that comes down and opens up to a window.  Peyton has decided that this is the "ordering window".  You have to go to the window to order food or drinks from her.  Yesterday she asked me to order something.  I went over to the window and ordered a margarita and chicken piccata. (Side note: I've only had this dish like once at Cheesecake Factory, but it is amazing.)  She informed me that they were all out of stuff to make margaritas.  I went and sat on the patio to wait for my order to be called.  A few moments later she let me know that they found the ingredients for margaritas, but could only make one.  Phew.  I ordered my drink JUST in time.

She let me know that there were a lot of people behind me waiting to order, like one hundred of them.  The next person was apparently a young boy.  He tried to order a margarita but was politely informed that they were all out. (Note to self: teach Peyton NOT to talk about margaritas at school and explain that it is an adult drink...) 

Anyway, the boy then chose to order pineapple yogurt.  This is the conversation (with herself that I observed).
- Listening at window to boy ordering.
- Turns around to shout at imaginary staff "Get a pineapple yogurt!  For a KID!"
- Looks back at the boy, listens intently, then turns to staff again and shouts, "Make it a medium size!!"
~ She then shouts at me, "Ma!  Your chicken piccata is ready!"

I just love her imagination!  I couldn't help but giggle while she was doing all of this. 

No comments: