Monday, March 31, 2014

Spring Break, Part II

I am truly blessed to work in a district that has two week intersessions after each quarter.  Sure, my summer is pretty short, but when it is 925* out, I'd rather have the district pay the air conditioning bill. (Nevermind the times the a/c goes out- it is always 5th hour after a majority of my boys have just had PE....)
Anyway, our second week of Spring Break went something like this:

~ Sunday: Papa's birthday!  Peyton and I went to the airshow at Luke Air Force Base.   My dad was working the air show, so Peyton and I went to hang out with him.  On the way there, I had Peyton working on a birthday card for Papa.  It was a long drive and I think she was looking down a bit too long.  We were almost to Luke and Peyton starts screaming in the back seat.  I ask what's wrong and she says something about her throat... then she vomits.  Of course I was driving Josh's car (better gas mileage), so it wasn't equipped with any of my "Mom Supplies".  Thankfully I hadn't made Peyton get dressed before leaving- since it was a long drive I let her stay in her jammies.  And thankfully I hadn't given her any milk prior to leaving- she had had a bit of a cough and I didn't want to make it worse - so her vomit was a combination of juice and a small amount of cheerios.  We quickly pulled over and got her cleaned up.  I had brought wipes with me, and had tissues so we made do.  I changed her into her regular clothes and asked if she wanted to go home.  Nope!  She still wanted to go see Papa!  Once we got to the parking lot I asked some random person if they by chance had an extra plastic grocery bag that I could have.  Thankfully they did and I didn't have to carry puke wipes in my bare hands.  I was very thankful.  The airshow was amazing and LOUD.  Peyton loved the quiet airplanes.  She did NOT appreciate any of the loud airplanes.  We didn't stay to see the Thunderbirds, although I wanted to.  I knew she wouldn't survive the noise they made.  I'm glad my dad told me how loud it was going to be!

~ Bandit- also on Sunday Josh went to the airport to pick up our friend's dog.  Matt was coming to stay with us for a bit and his dog had to be shipped before him.  I was very excited to hear that Bandit was (is) a boxer.  Let's not talk about Bandit anymore.
~ Monday: Peyton had an eye doctor appointment to make sure her eyes are kindergarten ready. (she is good!  a little far sighted, but that is normal at this age!).  After having her eyes dilated, we make a quick stop at Kohl's, then off to Kei Lani for shaved ice.  I had a groupon for $10 to spend and it was getting ready to expire.  We had never been to Kei Lani before and it was NOT in the right spot according to Groupon's map.  Anyway, for $10 both Peyton and I got huge shaved ices (?) (and we got the smallest size possible) and 3 bottles of water.  No, we actually didn't need 3 bottles of water, but I couldn't get change from the groupon, so we used as much of it as we could.  They were SO yummy, but neither of us could finish ours!  Once we got home, we locked ourselves in the master bedroom to watch tv and rest. (the dogs were too crazy so we stayed in the bedroom).  We eventually ventured out of the bedroom to make s'mores cupcakes for Papa's birthday.  The family came over to celebrate Papa's birthday.  The cupcakes were the favorite.




~ Tuesday: On Tuesday, Brady hung out with me and Peyton and we went to the zoo to meet up with Evan.  Peyton and Evan used to be in the same daycare class at Hamilton.  We hadn't seen Evan in quite a while so we were very excited  to see him AND hang out at the zoo!  After the zoo, me, Peyton, & Brady went to Red Robin (YUM) for lunch.  Apparently we went on the only day that they didn't have crayons so I had to search my purse for random pens.  Thankfully I found two partially working items for them to use.  

~ Late Tuesday night, Josh went to pick up Matt and I went out with friends to Postinos.  We all got home fairly late.  I was tired and the dogs were crazy.  

~ Wednesday: Josh went off to work, so Peyton and I hung out with Matt.  We did exciting things like go to the DMV and Wal-Mart.  Peyton was super excited about our trip to Wally World though- because she finally got the movie FROZEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We immediately went home and watched it.

~ Thursday: We did something during the day, but I literally can't remember what it was.... in the evening we went... Ohhh!!! ON Thursday morning, Peyton and I went to hang out with Baby Blake while my mom went to the doctor.  Then in the evening we went to one of my friends' houses for a playdate.  Peyton loved playing with someone "older" (Phoebe is 6 and in KINDERGARTEN!!!).  I was excited for P to play with someone new and BOSSY!!  Although Phoebe was not nearly as bossy as I had hoped!

~ Friday: We waited ALL week to hang out with Abby and Ella and the day was FINALLY here!  We couldn't have been more excited.  The girls bounced on the trampoline, demanded lunch at like 10:30, went on a neighborhood scavenger hunt, and pretty much destroyed all cleanliness in the playroom.  Completely successful playdate!

No comments: