Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Spring Break 2014

A brief overview of our first week of Spring Break:
- Peyton & Josh started off Spring Break by going fishing and camping.  I was stuck in class all day on Saturday. NOT fun.  Fishing & camping was a success!

- I had a dermatologist appointment on Monday - I took Peyton with me.  Of course there was a man with an amputated leg and Peyton insisted on asking (really loudly) why he only had one leg.  
- Went to Bounce-U with Abby, Ella, Brady, & Lukas.  Two hours is plenty of time for 4 year olds... the last 20 minutes were filled with meltdowns, but overall everyone had a great time.  I sort of wished I could have played, too!
- On Tuesday we got our taxes done and had lunch with my Grandma.  Peyton is blessed to have a Great-Grandma living just a few miles away!
- On Wednesday I met my Grandma's last living sibling for the first time.  Bernard is 9 years younger than my Grandma- what a fun chance we had to meet him!
- On Thursday my Aunt Lisa (yep, I have an Aunt Lisa, too!) & my two cousins came up from Tucson to visit.  (They don't live in Tucson, they were visiting other family).  We hung out most of Thursday, went to Joe's BBQ for lunch, had chicken tacos for dinner and just had fun.
- Friday morning we woke up early to go horseback riding!  This was Peyton's first time on a horse (besides at a carnival).  Her and I rode double on the hour long trail ride.  I'm not sure how people can ride for 8+ hours a day.  My butt hurt after just a few minutes!  My sister and I were slightly horrified when they did not offer us helmets for the kids (and us, but mostly the kids).  Had we known, we would have brought their bike helmets.  It is a LONG way down from the top of a horse.  Thankfully everything was fine and everyone LOVED the ride!  After horseback riding we went to Scottsdale to check out Butterfly Wonderland.  There were WAY too many people there, but the butterflies were pretty cool.  

No comments: