Monday, January 6, 2014

Preschool



 Peyton has been in daycare practically her whole life. (yes, I know I am a horrible mother- don't worry I'm reminded of that often!) Anyway, she went to Hamilton's Lil' Express program from when she was an infant (10 weeks) until the end of the last school year.  She made some wonderful friends at Hamilton.  Another parent from Hamilton looked at other options for the important "before kindergarten" year.  She decided on a Reggio inspired preschool at one of the elementary schools in Chandler and I opted to move Peyton as well.  Peyton was SOOOO happy to remain in a class with her BEST friends Abby & Ella.  
Peyton doesn't particularly like school - it is hard work to be good all day, share toys, not yell and scream, etc etc however she has gained so much knowledge in just the past semester.  I am so happy we made the change.  The scheduling has been difficult because I can't drop her off until 7:30 and I have to pick her up by 4:30.  My school is only 2.5 miles from her school, but it is a struggle to not be the first one dropped off and the last one picked up.  The afternoons are especially difficult because my students are not released until 3:58pm.  I barely have time to pack up my purse and shut off my computer before I have to run out the door.  
Now, before you think that she hates school based on the first picture, I have to admit that the only reason she frowned was because I was taking  so many pictures. Poor thing!  And I will also admit that I was the one who cried on the first day when I dropped her off.  I was happy for her to be with her friends but I was sad to see her growing up so fast!  She had a rough start with a couple of bad days, and she has continued to have a few bad days here and there, but overall she has made a great transition.  Next year she will hopefully attend school with me. (I'm on a K-8 campus)  I can't wait!  Right now she thinks that would be the coolest thing (to go to school with mom), but I'm not sure how long that feeling will last once she is there! :)







No comments: