Thursday, January 2, 2014

Swimming Lessons

For the 2nd year in a row, Peyton took swimming lessons over the summer.  I was a little worried about the class I signed her up for (I can't remember the name... but last year she was a tadpole... maybe she was a shrimp this year?).  I wasn't sure of the difficulty level, plus, she hadn't been swimming since last summer.  Anyway, she did great.  I was super annoyed that her teacher for the first week went on vacation and she had to have a different teacher the second week.  Peyton struggled the first two days or so to get confident with the teacher and in the water, so switching teachers mid-way through the class caused Peyton to take a small step back. 

By the end of the two weeks Peyton was able to:
- go underwater by herself
- float on her back with little support
- swim underwater with support
- flip from belly float to back float with little support

Super proud of this fishie!

No comments: